Saturday, December 04, 2004

Throw me something mister!



The latest in the tee shirt wars seems to be Stephen Truszkowski, the eighth grader, who has been suspended for wearing a tee shirt that says "The Real Terrorist Is In The White House" on the front, and "End the Tyranny" on the back. The Progressive has the story:
McAllister [the school Principal] also called Truszkowski a terrorist and taunted him by saying that he should wear a shirt that says, "I'm a terrorist," Truszkowski recalls.

"Why would I do that?" he says he asked the principal.

"Because you're pretty much just splitting the school in half," McAllister said, according to the student.
Once again I say "terrorist" has become a right-wing catch all that almost sounds like playground name calling...you "doo doo head." If it's making someone uncomfortable, it must be terrorism. Because you know those are the values our country was founded on: life, liberty, and the pursuit of complacency.

The story was originally reported in Delaware's News Journal:
Susan Nida, a parent, said she would never allow her seventh-grade daughter to wear a shirt like that to school. She said political clothing does not belong in a school setting.

"I think it's just as bad as wearing revealing clothes to school," she said. "I don't necessarily think the student should be suspended, but he should cover it up."
I love that. Wearing a political tee shirt is equivalent to wearing a see through tee shirt. In other words, politics is obscene. I may not be able to define politics, but I know it when I see it.

No comments: