Wednesday, December 22, 2004

The best and worst of dandy culture

Via Eponymous,

Which literature classic are you?

I am embarrassed to say I am Name of the Rose.
The name of the rose
Umberto Eco: The Name of the Rose. You are a
mystery novel dealing with theology, especially
with catholic vs liberal issues. You search
wisdom and knowledge endlessly, feeling that
learning is essential in life.

Regardless, the quiz features questions such as: "What is unique and special about you?" with options like
Time plays no importance to me; in fact, it might not even exist.
My bohemian decadence and romantic aesthetics.
I deal mostly with death, and am shameless and inconventional [sic] with my way of expressing myself.
I can show you the best and worst of dandy culture.
I am capable of wonderful intellectual conversations on moral issues (and also the uselessness thereof).

Pretty funny.

No comments: