Thursday, January 13, 2005

Losing the will to live

So as I've said, things have been full throttle for me at work this week. Extreme, full-on, barely enough time or energy to wash myself or make toast kind of week. I stayed at work until 8-something and then left for a West Wing break with two friends. Came home at 10:30, went to open the document, which I had emailed myself, and it's the wrong one. Oy vey, I think (having also emailed it to someone else for review). I log into the network to find the right version and it's gone. It's just not fucking there. None of the versions show revisions past ten this morning. I have looked every where. (And know that I am totally OCD with saving my documents. I am like the boy who couldn't stop washing with control-c.) Thank fucking god, I printed a copy. I am now reentering the work by reviewing the stupid text paragraph by paragraph. I'm sure I did some dumb sleep-deprived thing to have it get sucked into the vortex, but even so I am feeling a lot like god hates me.

Sleep is for sissies.

No comments: