Thursday, November 18, 2004

Quote of the day

So I just got out of a two-hour meeting on "infrastructure" and was talking to a coworker about why I love the Internet (in brief, it has something to do with my frequently thwarted desire to like people, as a species). He just sent me this:

“I understood the paradox and the tragedy of so many liberals and radicals on the "intellectual" side, who believe that men must work in groups, yet who cannot bear a committee meeting themselves. We were social by conviction, but intensely individualist by nature.”

-Eric Sevareid (who also happens to be my coworker's grandfather)

The quote comes from Sevareid's Not So Wild a Dream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As if Eric Sevareid's quoted quote wasn't enough excitement and inspiration for one blog lifetime, legend has it that Sevareid's grandson (previously referred to as "coworker")is quite the lady-killer, heart-breaker, easy on the eyes, and so on... In fact, at a Friday night gathering in Hollywood, this "coworker" has been dubbed "The Handsomest GSR in town".

Them's some good genes!