Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Let's just not amend it right now, okay?

Of course, you all know that along with the desire to deny rights to gay citizens, another reason some folks want to amend the Constitution right now is to enable foreign-born citizens, or let's just call it like it is--Arnold Schwarzenegger--the right to run for president. My thinking on the former issue has been largely limited to "I hate bigoted people," and "I really fucking hate bigoted people," so it hadn't really occurred to me until just now that, were the bigots to get their way, it would be the first time we've amended the Constitution to deny a group of people rights based on their identity. I'm not even sure such an amendment has been proposed before. Wow. Good times everybody.

On a lighter note, Arnold's opposition is dusting off copies of the Constitution as well. A friend at work sent me this link yesterday. The more you look at it, the more hilarious it becomes. At first, you're trotting through some fairly familiar ground--the fact that Arnold's dad was an SS officer, A's reprehensible record for fondling women....Then you get to a line like this one, "Arnold was tapped for the Gubernatorial run at the occult-entrenched Bohemian Grove and rubbed elbows with the illuminati at the Rothchilds family home."

Can I tell you I laughed out loud all alone here in the apartment (well, with Nic the cat, but he's not a good mirth-sharer). The Illuminati are back!! No wonder everything's so fucked up. It's all making sense to me now.

No comments: