Friday, November 26, 2004

Dog chi

Today's gift pick, Feng Shui dog toys, comes from Postmodern Pets.



Catalog description:
You can promote balance and harmony in your dog's environment with these symbolic Feng Shui toys. Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese science that aims to create a balanced and harmonious environment by balancing Yin (cold and darkness) and Yang (heat and light). One way to promote such balance is through the use of certain symbolic objects.

The Lotus Bud symbolizes continuity, harmony, and purity. The Lucky Carp symbolizes abundance. The Cloud Ball with its auspicious cloud pattern symbolizes never-ending fortune. The Bamboo symbolizes longevity, courage, and resilience. Items can be combined to enhance the symbolic power. For example, the combination of the Lotus Bud and Lucky Carp would symbolize successive years of abundance.
At once I am thinking: 1.isn't one of the most endearing qualities about pets their very non-postmodern consciousness? and 2.my cat needs his chi balanced more than I can say.

5 comments:

Fixer said...

After spending $250 on dog toys that were ignored, I've found the best toy (in my dog's opinion) is a plastic milk jug. No Tai, no Chi, no Feng, no Shui. Just 'gimmie that jug'. I think even dogs realize we're going way overboard with this stuff.

Travis (♀) said...

Amen, brother. There's nothing Nic the cat loves more than string and the crumpled cellophane from cigarette packs. (Hey, I'm having trouble posting comments to your board again. But it's probably my overzealous firewall.)

Fixer said...

Overzealous firewall, huh? While a necessity, a bit 'in the way' when viewing certain pages.

Gordon said...

I have one dog whose chi is balanced with tennis balls, and another who gets it from food. They both like love and comfort, but then, don't we all?

I tried a running water feature for my own serenity, but I had to get rid of it. I kept having to go to the bathroom.

Travis (♀) said...

Nic, bless his tormented little heart, will only drink water from the tap. But I'm not sure it does anything to his chi. He's the most curmudgeonly cat I know.