Friday, November 19, 2004

A call for new phraseology

When I was listening to KPFK this morning, they announced that the next story would be about "election irregularities." I'm not a conspiracy theorist...well, not all the time, anyway...but I'm thinking we really do need a new phrase here. "Election irregularities" sounds so much like "Just take some democracy immodium and everything will be fine." At least progressive media should be calling this something like "subversion of the democratic process" (I know, that's a little clunky). How about "vote erasure" or "ballot theft"? Any suggestions?

(I really hope I'm not turning into some bizarre Andy Rooney left wing blogger. I feel like so many of my posts could begin "you ever wonder?")

1 comment:

Fixer said...

Fraud, maybe? Treason, maybe? Disenfranchisement, maybe? So many catchy terms come to mind.