10. You can cite yourself even if you're not the foremost expert.
9. It's okay just to write "what he said."
8. You can drink coffee while you're in the "archives."
7. ADD is an asset, not a handicap.
6. You don't have to revise after you get comments.
5. It's perfectly acceptable to write "What the hell is wrong with people?" as many times as you like.
4. You can do all your research in your pajamas.
3. Sometimes people read what you wrote.
2. You can use the word "fuck" if you want to.
And the number one reason blogging is better than dissertating...
1. No one asks you "are you done yet?"*
*(A comment which A explains "couldn't be ruder if you were having sex.")