Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Colonization

So I have been thinking about this whole what-to-do-now issue. We all know the solutions being proposed: emigrate, secede, get busy... But I am thinking...what about colonization? By my figuring, Florida needs something like 400,000 democrats to turn blue again; Ohio needs 130,000 or so. We can round up 530,000 people from places like California and still have a solid majority there. Don't get me wrong: I have no desire to move to Miami (though "jobless recovery" is strong there due to the hurricane apparently--natural disasters having done for our unemployment what the administration cannot), but if I were going with 529,999 other folks I could sacrifice. And maybe some of you fine folks from Boulder, Colorado or Athens, Georgia or Austin, Texas would be willing to abandon your islands in the red seas and join up. Anyone in?

No comments: