Friday, February 10, 2006

The four steve rules of life

In the course of an email exchange with my dear friend and mentor Steve, he referred to one of the "four Steve rules of life" and so I asked him about the others. They're so good I have to share them. I leave you with this for the weekend. I will blog later about the rampant buck passing that's going around the administration like a bad flu. In the meantime, here is some of Steve's wisdom, excerpted from his email to me:

Rule 1 is that life is a forever process of revising our expectations.

Rule 2 is the "economic" rule, i.e. put in more than you take out, whether it is the bank, relationships, or whatever.

Rule 3 is the root of all our problems is sexual in nature.

There is a Rule 4 and it concerns a Greater Power, but for the life of me I cannot remember it exactly. These 4 Steve Rules of Life were an obsession of mine about 18 or 19 years ago and the first 3 have been so much fun, but the 4th was more philosophical and I can'’t recall how it goes exactly. Damned spiritual stuff!!

No comments: