Wednesday, February 01, 2006

For those whose constitution was too weak to watch

Democrappy, one of the more intelligent, well written blogs out there, has a readable and reasonable recap of the SOTU address, including gems like this:

On the ticklish question of Hamas, he stated, "The Palestinian people have voted," and now Hamas must renounce violence, affirm Israel's right to exist, disarm, and cease terrorist activities. In other words, it was good that the Palestinians voted, and we respect that they voted for Hamas instead of Fatah--the only thing we require is that Hamas immediately and unilaterally transform itself into Fatah.
I really would rather read Matt's analysis than suffer through it myself; though I admit I'm sorry I missed the Dems' standing ovation in response to W's social security lead in, "Congress did not act last year on my proposal to save Social Security..."

No comments: