Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Toadstools

There are toadstools growing in front of my office. Note: I live in the desert. This should tell you something. At this exact moment when I am writing, the sun is shining. True, there are menacing clouds in the sky, but I am hopeful that eventually the rain will end before all of LA washes into the sea.

The rains have been epic, let me tell you. Really ridiculous and on a Revelations scale. Born agains all over LA are selling their cars in preparation for the rapture. If it continues much longer, I will grow gills.

One of my favorite novels ever, The Passion, features a protagonist who has webbed feet--a common trait among children of Venetian gondoliers, the novel has it. Well, it won't be long for us Angelenos. Sigh. Maybe I'll go back to posting with more regularity if it ever stops raining here for more than seven minutes.

No comments: