Monday, February 07, 2005

Consumerism

While I am so much of a leftist to still warm to the idea of Capitalism's demise, I do also like stuff. Call me a Whitmanesque Americanist ("Do I contradict myself? Very well, I contradict myself.") After a silly surfing binge the other night during which I went on one of those link-after-link expeditions through a bunch of design-oriented websites, I determined to add a new section to my blogroll. So you see now, on the left side of the page, the "Commodity Fetishism" section added yesterday. (I expect it will grow--or maybe not.) Then today I went out for Chinese food and got this fortune: "You will be surrounded by things of luxury." I suspect it's karma, though I do wish that adding others to the main section of my blogroll would grant me a fortune like "your current administration will soon be overthrown by leftists." Ah well.

No comments: