Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Where I've been

I know I keep popping on here every now and then and saying "gee, here I am," and then disappearing again, and I hate to be such a flaky blogger. The deal is my own crazy mood swings, a relatively new thing for me to be trying to cope with. I blame quitting smoking. In any case, I've been the dysthymia poster child for a few months, and that combined with the holidays and traveling and work have made it easy just to not blog. And I've felt like, "Gosh, I don't have anything to say. And what's the point anyway?" (said in Eeyore voice).

But I'm doing some stuff to try to feel better--more meetings, looking into karate or tae kwon do, and so on. So I know I've said it before but I think I'm back. It does make me feel better to be connected to the world of people who are smart and give a shit--Yella, Gordon, Fixer, Elise, Eponymous, Sis, Conor...all y'all--even if I wouldn't know most of you if I were standing next to you in line at Trader Joes.

So it's belated but I hope everyone survived the close of 2005 relatively intact. Myself, I'm still not smoking and I haven't killed anyone, so I'm calling it a success. Having quit smoking last year and finished my PhD a couple years ago, I was sort of at a loss for resolutions at first. My two long standing ones having been, at last, tackled. I do believe that I may finally start working on that unwritten novel. I need another resolution that I can keep making for at least a decade worth of New Years I figure.

Right now this minute I am up to my eyeballs in work (and our board is in town this week). I'm here at my desk drinking strong black coffee, reading email and listening to Go Home Productions mash-ups, courtesy of Conor, and all seems okay in my world. It is my sincere hope that I can stay in this emotional place for a little while. I hate being an emo crazy girl; I really do.

No comments: