Thursday, January 26, 2006

How's that war against terror going?

I can't believe that Hamas won 76 seats in the Palestinian Parliament. Look how far we've come in ten years.

What does Bush have to say about the elections and Hamas? These were his remarks at this morning's press conference:

Peace is never dead, because people want peace. . . .

So the Palestinians had an election yesterday, and the results of which remind me about the power of democracy. You see, when you give people the vote, you give people a chance to express themselves at the polls -- and if they're unhappy with the status quo, they'll let you know. That's the great thing about democracy, it provides a look into society.

And so the elections should open the eyes of the old guard there in the Palestinian territories. I like the competition of ideas. I like people who have to go out and say, vote for me, and here's what I'm going to do. There's something healthy about a system that does that. And so the elections yesterday were very interesting.

On the other hand, I don't see how you can be a partner in peace if you advocate the destruction of a country as part of your platform. And I know you can't be a partner in peace if you have a -- if your party has got an armed wing. . . . And we're interested in peace.
Say what? The guy is just a fucking moron. His idiocy never ceases to amaze me. Lancelot Link would make a better fucking president. "I like the competition of ideas"??? Like "let's kill all the Jews" "no, let's not"? The mind boggles really.

No comments: