Sunday, May 15, 2005

Quote of the week

After School Snack has been rocking lately. First there was the post about Russ Meyer movies that could make government budget processes more exciting, then this weekend we have Chris's rant:
One troglodytic Mtkan gets two choice quotes. First, he asks, "Our education system is the envy of the world... Why would we want to subordinate that to some organization connected with the United Nations?" One might ask who exactly envies our high schools, which consistently rank outside the upper tier of industrialized nations, but never mind - the real issue emerges with his statement that "my fear is that my kids are going to be taught America isn't better than any other country in the world."

Oh. My. God. I feel like cutting my frontal lobe out and spelling "cui bono" in brain splatter. Better how? Better for whom? Better at what? Perish those questions.
I'm sure it's not a sign of anything good inside me that the idea of verbalizing my disgust with frontal lobe brain splatter seems really appealing.

No comments: