Friday, May 06, 2005

Nick the cat

I have finally figured out what is wrong with Nick the cat. Once upon a time, when he was a wee kitten, he was sweet and sassy and well adjusted, but over the years he has become obese, asthmatic, and at once depressed and hostile. I had always chalked this up to his dysfunctional family dynamic. His parents are divorced, for some years things were pretty rocky and overly dramatic. I thought he needed Catanon. Andrea, on the other hand, says he's my familiar and he manifests all of the emotions/stresses I don't let myself express. So when I moved to LA I had a seamless transition, while Nick had to be put on tranquilizers.

This week I have had a houseguest, which anyone who knows me understands is challenging for me. I have only had to apologize for being a bitch once. Nick, on the other hand, has attacked said guest twice and drawn blood. This would lend credence to the "Nick as familiar" theory.

But, thanks to the link C sent me this morning, I can say with some confidence that Andrea and I were both wrong. It seems clear that Nick is possessed.


No comments: