Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Breaking out my tinfoil hat

I don't really like hats, and tinfoil doesn't suit me so well, but Yahoo!'s "Tech Tuesday" section is so creepy today I'm thinking it may be time to fashion that Gary Glitter meets X-Files piece of headgear. I remember when Tech sections focused on better video games and higher speed Internet connections. Today's? Biometrics, national ID cards, passports with super-duper security stuff. And I love this: the story on biometric security titled "Login Liberation." Or this: the company that offers school lunch checkout equipment that uses students' fingerprints to access their accounts. I know it's trite but I can't get that scene from Bladerunner out of my head where Decker is interrogating Leon with that eye scanner thingie. I think I need a vacation.

No comments: