Monday, April 11, 2005

Good browsing

From the Scout Project (where I worked once upon a time) I learned about Excitement Machine, which could clearly suck up too much of my time.



And from Excitement Machine, comes the Fried Dough Around the World site. I for one, have often noted the Jungian qualities of fried dough--that it's some sort of archetypical food that transcends culture and location. I even commented on it in a short story once that was set in Keenesburg, New Jersey and featured obese Keenesburger extras munching on zeppolis.

One of the best things about the Internet is its capacity to make you say "Gee, I'm not the only one who has thought about this." Of course, that's also one of the worst things about the Internet, depending on what the thought is, I suppose.

No comments: