Tuesday, March 15, 2005

You know you're in a silly mood...

when the archive of misheard lyrics strikes you as the funniest thing you've ever encountered. The whole thing started in a search for the lyrics to "I love a man in a uniform" that went awry and landed me on the "I love a man who's a Buddhist monk" page. And then I got a little lost:
Ketchup in a bottle
Massage in a brothel
Message in a bathroom
Lizards in my bottom
Knickers in a parcel
It's like that.

And this prompts me to, once again, put in a pitch for Motherless Brooklyn. If you haven't read it and you're a novel reader, you really should add it to your short list. It's linguistically fabulous. (If you're a PhD in LA you have to say things like "linguistically fabulous" on a semi-regular basis. It's a zeitgeist imperative.)

No comments: