Friday, March 11, 2005

The fates are looking out for me

Only last night I was watching TV for the first time in weeks (it was a very brief experience--only long enough to remind me of why I haven't watched it in weeks) and I found myself thinking, "Gosh I wish progressives had somebody like Ann Coulter." Let me explain: I was channel surfing and came to this talking-stupid-heads show on CNBC. I don't remember what it was--something about sports I think--and they were discussing Lawrence Summers. Two of the stupid-heads were saying things like "Well, shouldn't it be okay to put an idea like that on the table in an arena of academic inquiry?" Something like that. Something about how "political correctness" has stifled academic freedom. You know the tired, tired argument. And it just pissed me off, and I thought Jesus, if Ann Coulter were a liberal, she would just say, "No it shouldn't be okay. It's not okay to put the idea on the table that I am somehow unfit or inadequate because I lack a Y chromosome. That's not okay to say, and if you weren't such an idiot you'd realize that."

Then I read Coulter's latest (thanks to Me4President):
Howard Dean -- chairman of the party that supports murder, adultery, lying about adultery, coveting other people's money, stealing other people's money, mass-producing human embryos for spare parts like an automotive chop shop and banning God -- has called the Republican Party "evil."

. . .

I have some proposals for liberals. I think Democrats might want to drop the contract all Democrats apparently have to sign pledging to pretend to believe insane things. Also, if you could just get the base of your party to not participate anymore and maybe be a little less crazy, people might listen to you. Barring that, you're just going to have to scream a little louder.
I'm over it now. She's a crazy bitch. They can have her.

No comments: