Monday, January 31, 2005

Dianne Feinstein writes back

Dear __________,

Thank you for writing to express your opposition to National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice's nomination to be Secretary of State. I appreciate the time you took to write. [Translation: Dear Travis, I didn't actually read your letter, but if I had, this response is to say I am a better person than you because I am responding politely to your insults.]

I regret we disagree on this issue. As you may know, the votes in the Senate for confirmation were 85 to 13. I have attached a copy of my remarks before the Senate which states my reason for support. [Translation: I'm sorry you are wrong, but if you've been following the news, you'd know that almost everyone agrees with me.]

I would like to make an additional point. While the Secretary of State is always an extension of the sitting President's foreign policy, I believe the key is to be able to work with a Secretary to make changes for the better. I intend to do that with Dr. Rice as the second Bush Administration gets underway. [Translation: Why should W be the only one getting in Condi's pants? It's a losing battle to be a democrat right now, and I'm at least hoping for a little action.]

Again, thank you for writing. [Please fuck off]

No comments: