Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Retrograde

Some days you just know Mercury is retrograde without even checking.

Today, for instance:

First of all, my allergies are so bad I feel like I have lupus. If I break out in a butterfly rash across my cheeks, I will hardly be surprised.

Second of all, I had an instant where I thought a project I was working on was almost done, but then got new information which meant the text needs revising, and several new images need to be added.

The task is made more difficult by the fact that I have not been trained on the new scanning software, and the folks who can use it are in a meeting.

And even if I could use the scanner, no one can locate the single copy of the text I need to scan--the rest of the copies being in Iran.

All of the above, which is not that unusual really, is brought into relief by the fact that I was awakened by a sonic boom at 5 a.m.

No comments: