Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Today's news

So I was thinking about what a frivolous blogger I've become lately. I seem to be eschewing most political commentary in favor of insights that amount to "neat-o, huh?" Then, listening to the radio this morning, it occurred to me that it really could have been a rebroadcast of last week's news or last month's and I wouldn't be the wiser:

Car bombs kill lots of people in Iraq

Bush is still pushing to decimate Social Security despite the fact that most people think that's a horrible idea.

The Republicans are trying to change Congress' rules and accusing the Democrats of being partisan for objecting.

Religious fanatics are taking away my rights.

And so on. I think the lack of novelty is wearing on me. I'm running out of ways to say "I hate Bush and the radical right for trying to destroy so much of what I value in my country and government." I mean there are only so many synonyms for "fuck you."

No comments: