Friday, August 12, 2005

A bunch of geniuses, I tell you

So for whatever reason, I haven't had much taste for blogging these past few days. I think the preponderance of news stories about Cindy Sheehan has actually depressed me a little. Don't get me wrong; I admire her and I'm really glad that she's caught the media's eye and managed to infuse news coverage with an antiwar and antiBush sentiment, but it discourages me that only human interest stories seem to garner this sort of attention. And there's a way in which some of the coverage does seem to translate the problems of this war and this administration into a human interest story.

But that's my dark way of seeing things.

Regardless, despite my amotivational blogging syndrome, I did want to pass along the "no shit, Sherlock" headline of the day: "Vehicle Armor Saving Lives in Iraq." It's hard to even know what to say. That together with "Bush Motorcade Passes War Protesters" give today's AP headlines the feel of The Onion on an off day to me. Not gonna be giving out a lot of Pulitzers based on this week's reporting, I'm guessing.

No comments: