Thursday, April 19, 2007

Checks and balances, foxes and hen houses

Truthout is blogging the Gonzales hearings as they progress with tidbits like this at 12:45:
According to C-SPAN, Gonzales has said "I don't recall" some 55 times so far ... and there's still a long way left to go today.
I have been listening here at work but I don't know how much more of this I can take, frankly.
"To be sure, I should have been more precise when discussing this matter. I understand why some of my statements generated confusion, and I have subsequently tried to clarify my words."
What you're trying to say, AG, is you're a liar. You lied and then you got caught lying.

I have a hard time imagining how a person could demonstrate more disdain for the Constitution. Though I'm sure Gonzales will show us if we give him the chance.

No comments: