Thursday, November 18, 2004

Lets hear it for the libertarian left

Thanks to eponymous for the tip that Political Compass has updated their site. Some of you may remember it's the site that asks you all of those questions like "I'd always support my country, whether it was right or wrong," and then at the end graphs your overall position on a grid with a "left-right" axis and an "authoritarian-libertarian" axis. Anyway, they have new questions.

I'm hoping I am not the only one who seems to be on a leftward march these days. Come join me in the corner! Me: Economic Left/Right: -8.25, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.59.

They also graphed the 2004 candidates, which explains a thing or two about some of our feelings of...um...dissatisfaction with the choices. No matter how I tried, I couldn't get much past an "anybody but Bush" feeling about the election. Maybe if we could just find a Dem who wasn't in the upper-right-hand quadrant I could muster more enthusiasm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I came in at -8.88 -- to the left of you economically, but -6.56 -- slightly to your right socially, which concerns me. Still well to the left of Gandhi, but apparently I have some work to do. Sigh - don't you wish eHarmony used this chart in its figuring?
xoxo