Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Reservoir dogs

So is Kennedy Mr. Pink? Can someone explain this to me?


I have been home sick today with a sinus infection, and I'm as filled with anger as with snot. I hate the democrats. Atrios has the list of the 25 Senators who did the right thing (link via the Brain)

And here (courtesy of WaPo) are the 19 who voted for cloture:

Akaka, Hawaii; Baucus, Mont.; Bingaman, N.M.; Byrd, W.Va.; Cantwell, Wash.; Carper, Del.; Conrad, N.D.; Dorgan, N.D.; Inouye, Hawaii; Johnson, S.D.; Kohl, Wis.; Landrieu, La.; Lieberman, Conn.; Lincoln, Ark.; Nelson, Fla.; Nelson, Neb.; Pryor, Ark.; Rockefeller, W.Va.; Salazar, Colo.

The Post also has an interesting chart of Alito's decisions, showing just how much he's in the back pocket of government and big business. If you're too busy to check it out, let me sum it up for you: If it's about rights, he's not for it.

I am so disgusted and sad. I'm sad for all of the girls who will get sick from botched illegal abortions or who will die or who will just have to debase themselves in some way to get medical care. And for the unwanted children who will be born. And for this country that I love so much but that just seems hell bent on its own destruction. I didn't even know we could move in reverse this quickly.

No comments: