Monday, December 06, 2004

Free at last

Jury duty is over!!! Yay. Now I can say it: frivolous, frivolous, frivolous. Ooh that feels good. I was drafted into being the forewoman despite having reared my liberal head earlier in the day when my fellow jurors began tsk-ing and shaking their heads over a piece on Bill O'Reilly about clerks not being allowed to say "Merry Christmas," nor being allowed to explain why they could only say "Happy Holidays." I just couldn't hold it in any longer and I finally told them it wasn't necessarily "pc" (their complaint); it was just good business practice. "Not everyone is Christian," I said, "Take me, for example, I was raised Jewish and even had a Bat Mitzvah, but my money spends as well as anyone's. Why risk alienating me?" I could see them all thinking how could they have missed the horns. Anyway, it's over. I'm very happy that I get to go back to work tomorrow and deal with the knuckleheads I know and love.

No comments: