Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Where to begin?

Once again I find myself contemplating the benefits of emigration as Judith Miller is jailed for not revealing her source, Karl Rove is unmasked as a villain worthy of a summer blockbuster, Alberto Gonzales is discussed as a potential supreme court justice, all of our resources and principles are being sucked dry by a war undertaken on pretense, and our president can't ride a bike and chew gum at the same time.

Clearly there is no dearth of material over which to lament. Sadly, I lack the time to do much sustained online lamenting right now. Despite my scanty blogging, rest assured I remain depressed over the state of the nation. If somehow Gonzales is confirmed I'm not even sure how I could express my rage and disgust. No gesture seems dramatic enough, given that I refuse to set fire to myself.

Wake me when it's over.

No comments: