Wednesday, July 13, 2005

What's going on with me

I know, hardly news compared with, say, what's going on with Rove, but I'm self-centered, what can I say.

So I'm in a board meeting for the next three days and then I leave for Dublin Sunday morning. I return 36 hours before a three-day meeting for my own project at work. Thus my need for the prozak bubble emoticon (see below). Just as the news is getting good I have no time for blogging.

I am ridiculously excited about the trip. I haven't crossed an ocean in maybe a decade. I'm squeezing a couple of days in for myself, and I know I want to see the Vermeer in the National Gallery and to visit Swift's grave and tell him how much we miss him right now except that no one can tell what satire is anymore. It's an era where the satirists might as well just get a job writing copy for network news. So if anyone has any tips about the Emerald Isle please post them. Or if you can tell me what the blarney stone is exactly and why a person should kiss it, I'm happy for that information as well.

In the meantime I am just trying to survive the valley heat and, of course, as always, searching for my warp in the space-time continuum.

No comments: